Thursday, December 17, 2009

Ashley Cox - Rotarian Bio


The Rotary Club of Grand Cayman would like to welcome Ashley Cox to their club, the Managing Director of Barclay's Private Bank & Trust.

Mr. Cox comes Birmingham, England where he joined one of the Barclay's trusteeship businesses 23 years ago. The opportunity came for Mr. Cox to relocate to Grand Cayman and head up their business for the island.
Most appealing about Rotary to Mr. Cox is the commitment of the Rotary membership to make a difference worldwide and importantly in their local community, as well Rotary gives the opportunity to give back.

When asked why he chose Rotary as a club to join, Mr. Cox commented that, "Barclays has always demonstrated and encouraged commitment on the part of its staff to the communities in which it operates and over many years I have actively participated and encouraged my team to do the same. In the aftermath of Hurricane Paloma, both Barclays as an institution and the Barclays team here in Grand Cayman were keen to help Cayman Brac and Little Cayman and I called Betty Baraud who was involved and, after pointing me in the right direction, she invited me to a Rotary meeting as a guest. I was impressed by what I saw in terms of the welcome I was given, the commitment of the membership and the organisation's aims and I knew I wanted to be a part of that and to try and make a difference".

Mr. Cox would like to make a positive difference in the Cayman Islands by being a good business leader, acting with integrity and by giving something back to the community be that financially or otherwise and through Rotary, Barclays or through the community work with his active team

No comments:

Post a Comment